Saturday, March 10, 2012

New green bent update

So I'm sure you all know about how BPAs in plastic can leech into your food when you microwave them, and how there's a Great Pacific Garbage Patch, and how some plastics are linked to cancer, blah blah blah. So I thought I'd do the super-diligent thing and weed out the beauty products I use that are made with petroleum bi-products.  Because I'm pretty sure petrolatum doesn't need to be on my face or down the drain. 

You know why more people don't do this? Because it's a giant pain in the ass!  If you google all of the chemicals in your facial soap, as an example, you'll find all sorts of information on how the chemical molecule is structured.  You'll find beauty websites that describe what the chemical does.  You'll even find beauty websites that rank the chemical on various types of toxicity.  But I can't figure out if it's made from petroleum or not! 

Good grief!  I'm trying to do my part to save the planet here, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment