Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions for 2013

I've just looked at my Goodreads stats, and I've read 10 fewer books and 1,841 fewer pages in 2012 than in 2011. That's sad.

Anyway, I am yet again making New Year's Resolutions, although really, they're more like goals, although I suppose all resolutions are more like goals.

One change you may notice (if you pay attention to this sort of thing) is that I'm not going to list all of the books I hope to read in 2013. Instead I'm going to list the ones I have read. I never manage to read much of anything on my resolution reading list, because I'm always too busy reading something else, so I just thought I'd dispense with that altogether.

So, without further ado, here are my resolutions:

  1. Consolidate my reading lists (and boy, do I have a lot of them!)
  2. Accomplish some financial goals:
    1. (I'm not sure why Blogger started numbering again and didn't move to lowercase letters. I just wanted to let  you know in case you though I may have come up with this bizarre list convention myself. I assure you, I did not.) Pay off student loan 3-03 (again, I didn't come up with this numbering convention).
    2. Pay off credit card
    3. Put $5k in my IRA
    4. Pay off student loan 3-04
    5. Get our savings account up to $25k
  3. Spend a day watching the Lord of the Rings movies (this and #4 were both things I hoped to accomplish during one of my unemployed stints, but sadly? they didn't last long enough for me to get around to this)
  4. Spend a day watching the Harry Potter movies
  5. Edit the novel I wrote in November into something passable
  6. Read all of the books I borrowed from friends (yes, I haven't forgotten)
  7. Lose weight
  8. Run a sub-4 hour marathon (I'm pretty sure that this is directly dependent on #7, at least to a degree)

No comments:

Post a Comment