Monday, February 25, 2013

The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the PlanetThe Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet by Alicia Silverstone
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I think that Alicia Silverstone is incredibly sincere, and really, really believes in her diet in The Kind Diet. Nearly everything I read about vegan diets make sense, but I guess when it comes down to it, I don't want to do the work.

I don't want to not be allowed to eat something, and I really don't want to give up milk. There are lots of things that I'm totally fine with giving up (I know it's a culinary sin to say so, but I could live the rest of my life without bacon. I really could).

As it stands, we really don't eat a lot of meat in my house. Captain America is on a wonky schedule and isn't home at dinner time, and I don't care enough, nor am I interested in cooking something with meat for one person. My dinners are bizarre at best (tonight: six Twizzlers, a serving of wheat thins, and a cup of hot chocolate), and nearly always meat-free.

I also think that it doesn't make a lot of sense to give up meat only to eat a lot of processed soy meat-substitutions (in all fairness, this approach to vegetarianism/veganism is NOT advocated by this book)

I think this is a great book for someone who wants to go vegetarian or vegan, and needs pointers and recipes and steps to make it happen. And if anyone happens to follow this program and turns into Alicia's doppelganger  please let me know!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment