Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Light Between OceansThe Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really, really enjoyed this book, despite some flaws. Namely, the verb tenses changed all of the time. I think the idea was that the characters would be reflecting on the past, and then continue the story in the present, but it was distracting. Also, the POV changed mid chapter. I thought this was done fairly organically, actually. For instance Tom would be thinking something about Isabelle, would turn and look at her, and then the POV would be Isabelle's, much like movement in a movie.

I thought this was a well written book with an interesting plot (with 40 pages to go, I couldn't guess how it would end!), and good characterization.

This was a very good first novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment