Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Invention of Hugo CabretThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is perhaps the most interesting book I've ever read. The story line is not that impressive...I would say it is targeted to 4th-6th graders. What made the book unique is that half of the book is pictures. It's described as a story in which you have to read the pictures. Unlike the traditional use of pictures in books, in which the illustrations emphasize the story, in this book, the pictures actually tell the story...if you were to skip the pictures, you would skip parts of the story.

I recommend this book to everyone who is interested in a different sort of reading experience. The illustrations are remarkably well done, and I'd be surprised if a fellow bibliophile didn't enjoy this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment