Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1)A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I read this book because I was curious about the series. I can see why it's a best seller, but I was hoping it would be trashtastic, but it wasn't. To be fair, I didn't read the book, I listened to it. In fact I listened to the abridged version. I'm normally not an abridged version person, but I accidentally picked up the short version at the library. I don't think I could have sat through the whole thing, so it's just as well.
This book is a bit of a rom-stery (if rom-com is a silly way to say romantic-comedy, I figure this is a silly way to say romantic mystery), but there just wasn't much of anything. The mystery wasn't very mysterious, the sex wasn't very sexy, and the drama didn't create suspense; I just wanted to shout "get on with it!"

I suppose it's possible that the series gets better, but I'm not going to stick around to see what happens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment