Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

See, only a few days in to a new year, and I've already read a book not on my reading list!

CS Lewis is a talented writer who's use of language is incredible. However, his descriptions of Malecandrea became rather long and tedious for me. If I were a naturalist, I probably would have enjoyed them, because it was described in such a way that I felt like it was Walden on another planet.

Also, I know that most of Lewis's works contain religious allegory, of which I am only able to distinguish the basest level. I am not a religious scholar, and am not that religious at all, so while I appreciate how his Narnia chronicles make religion easy to understand, I think it might be wasted on me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment