Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this book to be slow to get moving, and I really, really disliked how the chapters were called things other than the characters' names. Because we, the readers, don't have enough to keep track of, we now have to figure out who "The Merchant's Man," "The Watcher," and a host of other random descriptions are. And don't get me started on the overuse of the word "whilst." That just got annoying to read.

This book also introduces a few new characters. More characters! I *think* I have everyone sorted out...where they are and what they're trying to accomplish, but since it'll be another 42 years before The Winds of Winter comes out, I'm sure I'll have to re-read this one.

Finally, can someone please explain to my why Daenerys is so obsessed with freeing slaves. It's a good cause, don't get me wrong, but why the hell isn't she trying harder to get to Westeros? She just seems to be wasting a lot of time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment