Here's a run-down of some of the things that have been going on in my household since the start of the new year:
- The Ducks lost. This was nearly devastational.
- Year End=long hours at work.
- Remember my blog about how SDG&E would send you a free energy-saving kit? Well, ours arrived this week, and hubby installed the aerators yesterday. The pressure is good, but there's this slightly high-pitch sound. I can't quite decided if it's annoying or just different.
- Yesterday, I tutored my learner. I volunteer with the LEARN program though the San Diego County Library system. I like my learner a lot, but I don't think I'm a very good tutor.
- I bought travel books for Switzerland and Rome, where hubby and I plan to spend two weeks in March! Yay!
- We went to see Sherlock Holmes, which turned into a bit of an adventure. It was one of those things where everything worked out ok in the end, but nothing went according to plan. The short version is that the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed, we thought the theater was closer to our house than it was, and we were in the weirdest row I've ever been in in the movies: at least four people got up in the middle of the movie.
- We had "Family Fun Day" today. When my sister is involved, family day involves a trip to the gym. Hubby went to the gym today, but I did not. At any rate, here's what today's fun day involved: a trip to Costco and hanging up the curtains in the purple room. Maybe sometime I'll take some pictures of these, but the curtains are leaf-patterned, and sort of resemble tapestry.