Friday, May 18, 2012

Going home

Last weekend, I went home to attend the wedding of a dear friend.  She's six years younger than I am, which may make it sound weird that we were friends when we were young, but somehow it wasn't. At that time, her parents and my parents had a lot of the same friends, and since I was the oldest, I ended up doing a lot of the babysitting.

So, a lot of the people I knew 15 years ago were at this wedding, along with their now adult children.  It was really, really nice to see all of these people again.  I had forgotten how much their presence in my life had meant to me, and it was also really nice to see their kids as adults and to know that they all turned out fine (let's be honest, even with the best of parents and circumstances, it's still a bit of a crap-shoot).

They say you can't go home again, but I don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment