Wednesday, March 20, 2013


Breakfast of ChampionsBreakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm pretty sure Kurt Vonnegut is the weirdest person who ever lived. If not, he's for sure in the top 10. Up there with that emperor who gave his horse a seat in the senate.

Honestly, I don't really know what this book is about. I followed the plot, I followed the (for lack of a better way of describing it) story-within-the-story where the author speaks directly to the audience. I even get that it's satire. I just don't know what it's satire of.

With all of that being said, I found it to be mildly amusing, and a relatively fast read. I'm just not sure I'm the target audience or in a position to recommend this book.

At least I can cross another thing off my resolution list!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment