Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions: Followup

Wow!  I have no idea what I've been doing with myself since I wrote this, but obviously it hasn't been blogging, since I wrote this way back on February 2.  Better late than never, eh?

I'm sure you all have been waiting with baited breath to find out how I've been doing on my resolutions this year.  I've had a 40% overall success rate so far.  No surprisingly, the goal, or resolution I've been best at keeping is to read every day.  Somewhat surprisingly to me, the runner up was flossing.  I really don't like flossing.  My mother figures that most people don't like flossing, and probably even dislike it, but I actually have two friends who like to floss.  I must know strange people.  But I guess the good news is that my floss rate is well over the 40% mark.

The categories that brought the percentage down were pay off the car, find a writing job, and write a novel.  I'd like to pay off the car this year, but I'm not about to make a daily payment to do so.  That would just be annoying.  So I only accomplished paying my car one out of the 31 days in January.  I tried to find a writing job three times.  I've read different things about how to go about becoming gainfully employed as a writer, but they all seem to involve having some free time, which I don't really right now.  Y'know, because I currently work six days a week.  Ugh.

Said lack of free time is also why I haven't started my novel.  I have tons of ideas in my head, but there's no way to tie them all together (no, really trust me on this one, they're all very different story lines), and all of them are pretty absurd.  One involves a girl named Agatha, who is going to have special powers, and her nickname is going to have something to do with silver because Ag is the atomic symbol for sliver.  At least I think it is. 

And for those of you who are interested in the highly sophisticated mathematical formula used to derive the 40% success rate, here's what I did.  I have 10 resolutions, and there are 31 days in January.  Simple math tells you that 10X31=310, which would be 100% success rate, indicating that everyday I had taken steps towards each of my goals.  As it turns out, I only took action 125 times.  125/310=40%.  Pretty fancy, huh?

Stay tuned for what I did in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment