Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was hoping this book would be trashtastic, but it wasn't.

For the first few chapters, I felt like a child had written this book. Then I got into the rhythm of the writing and it wasn't as bad. The book pretty much lines up with the first season of True Blood, but True Blood is more fun. There are two big differences. The first difference is a whammy: there's no Tara in the book. No Tara! Tara actually spends a lot of time driving me crazy, in True Blood, but it seems odd to add a character. Maybe she's in future books. Anyway, the second difference is obvious: True Blood uses the perspectives of multiple characters, while Dead Until Dark is only Sookie's perspective.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment