Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Switch Bitch by Roald Dahl

Is anyone else having trouble getting their reviews from goodreads onto their blogs?

This is my review of Switch Bitch by Roald Dahl:
I didn't realize Roald Dahl wrote books for adults, but I stumbled upon this one when I was looking for something else by Dahl and what a treat! This book is actually four short stories, all of which involve amusing sexual adventures, but in the spirit of literary discretion, the sex itself isn't actually mentioned.


The descriptions provided by Dahl struck me as accurate, exact, and clear. You, the reader, sees the scene exactly as Dahl sees it. For example: Across the river there were willows along the bank and beyond the willows and emerald-green meadow, yellow with buttercups, and a single cow grazing. The cow was brown and white."

I don't think I'd say "yellow with buttercups," I'd probably say yellow buttercups, which, while not entirely different, is not the same, either.

2 comments:

  1. I manually copy the HTML code from my Goodreads review into Blogger ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I usually do, too, but I literally couldn't find it. This actually isn't the first time this has happened, but it's annoying. Anyway, you should read this book--I think you'd really enjoy it. And it's a quick read.

    ReplyDelete