Tuesday, June 12, 2012


First Family (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #4)First Family by David Baldacci
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't realize this was part of a series until a few chapters in, when I realized that there were some things being discussed as if I should already know something. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), the plot and characters were easy enough to keep track of that this wasn't a problem. This is by no means a literary triumph, and there were parts where I was frustrated by Baldacci's feeble attempts at waxing poetic, but as far as formulaic private investigator stories go, it was completely adequate and a nice, easy, fast read. I totally enjoyed it and plan on reading the rest of the series...this time maybe from the beginning.

One more thing, this particular book takes a random digression into Michelle Maxwell's personal life (and another aside, does that name sound somehow stereotypical for a female former-government-agent-turned-PI?). As far as I can tell, the only purpose this transgression serves is to show the reader that Michelle and her partner, Sean King, are perfect for each other, even if they don't know it yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment