Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bag of BonesBag of Bones by Stephen King


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I can't believe it took me this long to read Stephen King! I'm a scardey-cat, and always thought I wouldn't be able to handle his books, but after listening to a number of friends praise him, I asked one for a "beginner" SK.

This story is a ghost story, but really isn't freaky-sleep-with-the-lights on. I did cheat a little...at one point I skimmed my way through the book just to make sure I could keep reading it at night, and I could.

King's writing is impressive; he is clearly a talented storyteller. I don't want to give away what happens in the book (and you can always google it if you want to find a plot summary), but I will say that if you never thought you could ready Stephen King, try this one...I survived!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment