Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum NovelSmokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book was a welcome return to the more classic Stephanie Plum. The plot has not changed at all, but I did actually laugh out loud while reading this book.


I've come to the conclusion that the two main problems with this series are the repetitive plot lines, and the fact that Stephanie hasn't aged at all. I actually did a Google search to find out how old she's supposed to be, and the most reliable answer I found is that she's 30.


When I started reading the series, I was in my late 'teens/early 20s, and Stephanie's life was entertaining. Now that I'm in my 30s, her life doesn't make a whole lot of sense. When I was young, I didn't know what it was like to be in my 30s, so I was able to just go with it, but now that I know, it's beyond far-fetched.


Additionally, she's been stringing along two guys, and I'm surprised that they continue to put up with it.


All of this being said, I did actually have fun reading Smokin' Seventeen, which is the point of reading. Just don't expect anything new.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment